(Valid from 25 May 2018)
This website, connecta-network.com, is owned by CONNECTA FREIGHT NETWORK, as part of PANGEA LOGISTICS NETWORK LTD. headquartered in 29a Crown Street, Brentwood, CM14 4BA Essex (UK).
CONNECTA needs to process personal data in order to deliver our services to you:
To allow users to enquire about CONNECTA and our services
To allow users to apply to join CONNECTA
To allow users to register to access the CONNECTA website
To allow users to register to events organized by CONNECTA
To allow users to check, update and correct their details for CONNECTA.
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to treating your information securely, with respect and in line with data protection law.
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and we will place all updates of this page on the website as soon as it practicable.
For further information you can contact us as follows:
CONNECTA FREIGHT NETWORK
(as part of PANGEA LOGISTICS NETWORK LTD)
29a Crown Street, Brentwood, CM14 4BA Essex (UK)
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 1277 800 047.
What information do we collect?
We only collect personal information when you are accessing or using our website or contact us in any manner (for example completing the forms on our website if you wish to send us a comment, apply for membership, monitor your network activity, register for an event )
This includes personal contact details and company details, designated contact, management contacts, company services and references, as well as other information you choose to provide us or upload to our system in connection with our services.
We do not collect or process any type of sensitive data.
How do we use the information?
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information:
- To provide you with the information required or with the membership services subscribed;
- To administer our website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Analyse the use of the Website for performance analysis and statistic purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- To process access, rectification and opposition requests, and other rights with respect to Personal Information;
- For claims and litigation management;
- To enforce the agreement entered with you, if necessary;
- To comply with our other legal obligations.
We may also use the information you send to us via the Websites, to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you.
However, you will always be able to withdraw of such communications at any time by contacting us.
The processing of your Personal Information is either necessary to provide you with the requested information or subscribed membership Services or for your participation in our events. This processing is also necessary for the legitimate interest of CONNECTA as it enables it to enrich and improve its Websites and offers of products and services and thus to better meet the expectations of its customers.
How we protect the information about you?
We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. If you enter via your account which is protected by a password for your privacy and security, you must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Personal Information related to the use of the Services are kept for the duration of the membership, as well as for a maximum period of 10 years after the termination of the membership corresponding to the duration of the applicable time limit for Court actions.
After that time personal data will be securely deleted.
Personal information related to contacts and applications who request information through the Website(s) are kept for a maximum of 3 years after the last communication with us.
Who will we share your information with?
Your information will only be shared internally with members and users in good standing of our organisation in order to facilitate all members and users to network as the main objective of our services. The access to the shared information is password protected.
We do not rent or sell your Personal information to anyone.
Sometimes we will need to share personal information we hold about you with other organisations that we work with or who provide services on our behalf, for example:
- Email processing company distributing our newsletters
- Our accounting and invoicing systems
- Platforms for processing payments online
- Our website language, plugins and security providers
When sharing information, we comply with all aspects of current data protection law. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing their services.
All our data sharing relationships are governed by the contractors privacy policies which include strict data sharing and confidentiality protocols.
We may also share information when required by law, for example, where ordered by the Court or to protect an individual from immediate harm.
What are your rights in relation to your information?
We are committed to upholding your rights in respect of your personal information.
You are entitled to obtain, free of charge:
- Information about how and why we use your personal information
- Access to the Information we hold on you
- Rectification of your Personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please help us to keep our records accurate by keeping us informed if your details change. We will remind you twice a year to inform us of any changes that could have taken place.
- Object to us processing your data to provide network updates emails. You can specifically withdraw of emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each email.
- Request the erasure of all or part of your Personal Information within the limits provided by the applicable rules.
If you would like to access, review, update, rectify, and delete any Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right available to you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as above-described, you can contact us at the address, email or telephone indicated above.
We will examine your request and respond to you in the legal timeframe.
Please note that if you exercise such rights, we may still use any aggregated and de-identified Personal Information that does not identify any individual, and may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What cookies do we use?
Cookies are used on this site purely to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using the site, so it can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure it is fast enough
We use Google Analytics to measure how many people use this site. We do this to make sure the site is meeting users’ needs and to understand how we could improve it.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store any personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We also do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
_utma stores a randomly generated number for 2 years
_utmb stores a randomly generated number for 30 minutes
_utmc stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
_utmz stores a randomly generated number and anonymous information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link or a search) for 6 months
Other cookies are used to provide other normal website functions.
If you do not wish to accept any cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However this is likely to adversely affect the functionality of websites you visit.
For further information visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as a location, zip code). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the our services or the use and satisfaction of this site.